WE OFFER A FULL RANGE OF BESPOKE SERVICES WITHIN THE COMFORT OF YOUR LOVED ONES HOME.
Our personal dementia care services are individually tailored to meet our clients specific needs. At Different Care, honouring your loved ones uniqueness is embedded into every stage of the service we will provide. Their needs will be discussed fully during a CONFIDENTIAL ASSESSMENT which can and will involve family members, if the client so requests. A care plan is then formulated that pays attention to, and values the needs of your loved one. A service that meets their own understanding of their needs and helps to give them a feeling of being in control and of a feeling of wellbeing. Their care plan is then communicated to their care team to deliver the quality of care your loved one deserves.
CARE SERVICES PROVIDED INCLUDE:-
Our Director of Care has a Masters Degree in Dementia Studies through Stirling University and over seventeen years practical experience. Samantha has devised Different Care's 'specialised dementia coaching course'. All our staff are trained to her high standards in not just what dementia is - but practical solutions to deal with the different presentations of dementia that our teams encounter on a daily basis.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE SERVICE....
You may live far away, you may have other family or work commitments which means that:-
If you were called in the middle of the night to assist a loved one or required to sit in A&E for hours with them or your called by a neighbour in the middle of the night with concerns - you're not available what do you do?
We offer an on call service for your peace of mind which entails:-
*Being on call for the life line. *Being on call for neighbours/carers concerns
*Being on call for emergency hospital visits.
HOSPITAL STAYS....if your loved one has to go into hospital for any reason we can assist with escorting and or staying and visiting them to ensure they are getting the right care and nutrition whilst they are in hospital.
APPOINTMENTS....older people are apt to forgetting appointments and find it difficult to arrange follow on appointments. We can assist to arrange appointments, escort and transport.
PERSONAL CARE SERVICES:-
- Assistance in and out of bed.
- Assistance with washing, showering/bathing
- Assistance with dressing and undressing
- Assistance with shaving
- Assistance with toileting, emptying commodes and urinals and catheter bags
- Assistance with continence products
- Assistance with hair and oral care
- Assistance with transfer and manoeuvring as required
- Preparing and cooking meals.
- Preparing a meal to eat later.
- Ensure safe preparation of delivered meals.
- Washing/drying up.
- Making drinks.
- Assistance with eating and drinking
- Prompting medication
- Supervising medication
- Administering medication
- Assistance with non-prescribed creams
- Ordering and pick up of medication
SHOPPING AND FINANCE:-
- Collection of pension
- Purchasing household necessities
- Paying bills
- Collection of prescriptions
- Posting letters
- Stimulate mental awareness with company and conversation.
- Plan visits/trips such as visits to friends and neighbours.
- Encourage and maintain and participate in hobbies
- Pet care/walking
- Assist with reading books/newspapers
- Escort to appointments/maintain calendar
We also offer to complete a 'Dementia Friendly Assessment' of the living environment to ensure the full wellbeing and safety of your loved one.
for more information about our dementia care services and more please contact us at :- firstname.lastname@example.org
or call for a confidential and friendly chat on # 0151 724 4507